Blythewood Village Dentistry in Blythewood, SC is your hometown dental office for keeping your smile in the best shape possible. Our practice has been here since the 1980s, always ready to help patients with their oral care needs. Generations of families have trusted us with their smiles, so you can feel good about your decision to make us your go-to dental practice. Here are a few reasons why we have so many happy patients:
- We use advanced technology to ensure precise and efficient care.
- You’ll have a choice of either laughing gas or a small, FDA-approved pill to eliminate any dental anxiety.
- You can relax with a coffee and water bar, private patient care rooms, warm blankets, and soothing music.
- Our team will always treat you with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- We offer procedures not available at many general dentist offices, including implant placement and advanced gum treatment from a licensed periodontist.
- Unlike many practices, we are happy to treat children as young as 1 year old.
- We have options for patients without insurance through our membership plan.
Call us today at 803-653-6331 to schedule your next checkup or dental procedure. Our office is easy to find, near the intersection of I-77 and Blythewood Road.
You’ll Always Receive Exceptional Dental Care
When you partner with the team at Blythewood Village Dentistry, you can feel confident that we’ll put our best effort toward giving you modern, comfortable smile care. Our office is stocked with some of the latest dental technology, including:
- CAD/CAM same-day crowns with our CEREC system
- Digital X-rays
- Digital impressions
- Intraoral cameras
- A 3-D CT scanner
We offer several types of treatment so that you and your family can have all their dental care performed at one location. Our services include:
- General Dentistry – Visit us for dental cleanings and exams, gum disease treatment from our in-house periodontist, and custom mouthguards.
- Cosmetic Dentistry – We offer a complete lineup of cosmetic treatments, including veneers, teeth whitening, tooth bonding, and more.
- Dental Implants – Replace missing teeth with these artificial teeth roots. Get your entire implant treatment completed here.
- Restorative Dentistry – Our team does it all, including fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, and root canal treatment.
- Clear Aligner Therapy – Complete your orthodontic treatment in as few as 12 months using Candid’s discreet plastic teeth aligners.
- Oral Surgery – We provide several types of surgery, including teeth extractions, gum grafts, bone grafts, sinus lifts, and ridge augmentation.
You can rely on the team at Blythewood Village Dentistry in Blythewood, SC for all your smile care needs. Call us today at 803-653-6331 to schedule an appointment. You can also request an appointment online.
Meet Dr. Nina Hyvarinen Jones
Originally from Helsinki, Finland, Dr. Nina Hyvarinen Jones spent most of her childhood in Florida. She received her undergraduate degrees with honors in biology and psychology from Florida State University. Her passion for service then led her to join Teach For America, where she taught middle and high school science for four years in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Jones then decided to pursue a career in dentistry in order to further serve those in need.
She earned her DDS at New York University College of Dentistry where she graduated at the top of her class and was recognized with several awards for her clinical and didactic talents and leadership. While there she also participated in several community outreaches, served as a teaching assistant to other dental students, and completed an honors program in special patient care, as well as a certificate in public health. After graduation, she continued her education by completing a rigorous residency at NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, including advanced training in all fields of dentistry.
Following the birth of her daughter Emilia, she and her husband David decided to make South Carolina home. She is a member of the American Dental Association and the South Carolina Dental Association, and takes part in numerous continuing education courses each year to refine and expand her craft. One of her passions is digital dentistry. She is excited to lead the Blythewood Village Dentistry team and serve the Blythewood community!
Meet Dr. Karen Wurster
Since Dr. Karen Wurster became a dentist in 2017, she has loved changing lives through art. Her creative eye enables her to see exactly what is needed to make a patient’s smile exceptional. It could be balancing someone’s teeth through shape, length, texture, or color, or simply restoring what was once there.
Dr. Wurster achieved her DMD at the University of South Carolina. Her passion for better serving her patients has led her to continuing education opportunities through the American Dental Association and the Kois Center.
Dr. Wurster begins each relationship with her patient by asking what they love about their smile and what they want to change. Rather than telling a patient what they need, she listens to them and then shares what’s possible. She guides each patient through that process. Her goal is giving a patient the ability to confidently smile, eat, or speak.
One of the highlights of Dr. Wurster’s day is creating the vision a patient has of their future smile, or restoring someone’s ability to eat their favorite meal again. She loves when a patient becomes like family, so she can enjoy that gift of helping them that much more.
Away from the practice, Dr. Wurster enjoys spending time with her fiancé, future stepdaughter, and their three four-legged children, including two cats Penelope and Palmer and a dog named Huckleberry. All rescues!
Dr. Wurster is a huge foodie and loves trying new restaurants. Wherever she travels, she searches for the best restaurants to visit. During the evenings, you will likely find her in her yard, obsessing with all things gardening (flowers, not crops!). She recently won “yard of the month,” further fueling her passion. In addition, she is passionate about interior design. She purchased a 100-year-old home in 2019 and spends her free time redesigning rooms while maintaining its original charm.